Please note that by submitting this application, the applicant agrees to meet the commitments outlined in the Fellowship Commitment section. If these commitments cannot be met, please do not submit an application. When you are ready to submit your application, please proceed to the application web form.
PART 1: RESUME
Please name the document: LASTNAME-FIRSTINITIAL-RESUME (Example: SMITH-J-RESUME.docx)
A current one-page resume is appropriate for submission here.
Please ensure that you include:
- Address, phone number(s), and email
- Education background
- Name and address of the school where you currently teach
- Grade levels and schools where you have previously taught
PART 2: ESSAY QUESTIONS
Please label document: LASTNAME-FIRSTINITIAL-ESSAYS (Example: SMITH-J-ESSAYS.docx)
Essay 1 (200 word limit)
Please describe what you consider to be your greatest professional achievement.
Essay 2 (300 word limit)
Please describe a time when you faced a challenge in your classroom and used a creative approach to solve it.
Essay 3 (300 word limit)
Why do you want to be a Fellow? How does your participation in the Fellowship relate to your professional aspirations?
PART 3: PRINCIPAL NOMINATION LETTER
Every applicant must receive one nomination from his or her principal. Please refer to Principal Nomination Instructions.
PART 4: COLLEAGUE RECOMMENDATION
Every applicant must receive one recommendation from a colleague. Please refer to Colleague Recommendation Instructions.
Instructions for Application Submission
To be considered for the Fellowship, you must submit both documents (in Word or PDF format) through the Education Innovation Fellowship application web form before midnight on Wednesday, November 11.
Use the application web form to submit your personal information: your name, email address, school name, and the names of the individuals who will submit the letters of nomination and recommendation. You will also upload both parts of your written application through this form. Please note that you must complete the entire submission at one time (you cannot save it and return to complete it later). Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If you have any problems with this submission process, please email Andrew Pratt, manager of the Education Innovation Fellowship: email@example.com.
As participants in the Fellowship program, Fellows commit to:
- Arrive on time and prepared for all Fellowship sessions, trips and events. Attendance at all sessions is required.
- Innovate with personalized learning models through classroom explorations, spring and/or summer pilots, and 2016-2017 school year pilots. Meet all program- and pilot-related deadlines.
- Build positive relationships within the cohort and actively contribute to the Fellowship community of practice.
- Continue to pursue excellence in their teaching practice and uphold all other responsibilities in their classrooms and schools.
- Miss one full day of school per month for Fellowship sessions—with the exception of February, when the cohort will travel to California and Fellows will be out of their schools for five days (February 22-26). Please note that this week includes a DCPS parent/teacher conference day on February 22. We have planned travel during this time because it will allow Fellows to visit some of most innovative next-generation schools in the country and will maximize their time on the West Coast.